Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Adio Targets 2011 Greatness



Nigeria high jumper, Bayo Adio has mapped out strategies that will propel him to greatness this year.
In this chat, the long jumper revealed that missing 2010 Africa Championships in Kenya and Commonwealth Games in India last year has really propelled him to up his performance.
He expressed his determination on qualifying and earning a spot in Team Nigeria for the 2012 London Olympics Games as well as winning gold medal in the 2011 All African Games in Maputo, Mozambique later this year.
Adio who is also targeting to break the national high jump record at the 2011 Mobil further stressed that: “This is 2011 and I am doing everything possible to achieve a lot.
I have decided to intensify my training to achieve all my aspirations.
“I know we have lots of jumpers but being the best is my target and with all things being equal, I will surely achieve it all,” he said.
The Web Application Developer at Aerospace Management Group and Atlanta, Georgia also commended the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN)’s ability to organize three major championships without funds from government.
“I really have to commend the AFN for this feat, we all know how difficult it is to get money from government to organize championships but so far, the AFN has gone against all tide to achieve a lot this year.
“It is not easy to organize something without money but they have done three major this year, kudos should be given to them,” he said.

No comments: