Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ogunmola Clocks 1.18 seconds In 600m



Nairobi 2010 Africa Championships silver medalist, Ogunmola Tobi set a personal best time of 1. 18 seconds in the 600meter dash thereby creating the All Comers 600meters record over the weekend at the Shagamu stadium, Ogun State.
The senior athlete, who commended the Athletics Federation of Nigeria for the All Comers Championship which he described as a good initiative for talent hunting, also predicted a good outing for Nigeria in 2011.
“I was over joy when I saw that I have gotten the All Comers best time and a personal best.  
“The All Comers thing is a good initiative, we only beg for sponsorship because Nigeria is full with raw talents and I am very positive this year will be a prosperous athletics year if all hands are on deck for optimum and good performance.”
“I did not take part in the first All Comers but when I saw the time by Onakoya Abiola who had the fastest 600m time, I decided to take part in the 2nd All Comers and try as much as possible to beat his time and I did it.” 
Meanwhile, Coach Uzoamaka Eddoh, who coaches Tobi Ogunmola said with proper training, Tobi will run 46.1sec in the Golden League coming up soon.
It would be recalled that Onakoya Abiola had the fastest All Comers time in the 600meters with a personal best of 1.18.80 seconds while Ogunmola did 1.18.70seconds during the weekend to stand as the new 600meters record holder.

No comments: